Pre-travel health screening is a medical examination that is performed when an individual is about to leave for a trip. While this is only an additional precaution for most, there are some cases wherein it is a requirement.
Becoming ill while posted overseas or on a business trip can be an uncomfortable and frightening experience. It could make you so frustratingly and unproductive. Some of these illnesses experienced by expats and business travellers could be foreseen or possibly prevented if health screening had been undertaken before travel.
Who should undergo PHS
- Pregnant women
- Paediatric patients, especially infants and toddlers
- Patients suffering from chronic medical illnesses, such as:
- Heart disease
- Patients who have existing allergies
- Patients who recently underwent surgery
- Patients who usually experience travel-related symptoms, such as:
Benefits of Pretravel Health Screening
- Pretravel Health screening can help to identify new and pre-existing illnesses as well as those an individual may be at higher risk of developing soon.
- Pretravel health screening enables companies to identify trends across the organisation and manage them proactively.
- According to Sarah Dennis, head of international for The Health Insurance Group said; “Employers should make far greater use of health screening before sending staff overseas as it protects both the individual and the company and can help to manage costs.”
The Flying Doctors Nigeria is a member of the British Safety Council that specializes in providing medical solutions such as air ambulance and medical evacuation, ground ambulance procurement and leasing, remote medical services such a medical staffing, online company clinic set-up, site clinic management, occupational health, medical evacuation insurance and other health consultancy services for the oil & gas industry as well as other corporate, military and non-governmental organizations.
For information about how we can support your organization please:
Visit our website: www.flyingdoctorsnigeria.com or email us at: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Call us on: 0700 FLYINGDRS/ 0700 3594 64377