Basic safety tips such as physical distancing, use of face mask, and hand washing are important examples of self-care actions you can take every day to protect against COVID-19. However, if you have been exposed to the virus, you are advised to do a test. If you test positive, don’t be overly alarmed. Research shows that an infected person if managed properly can recover from the virus.
Here are some helpful self-care tips if you feel sick:
- Stay in a separate room from other family members, and use a dedicated bathroom if possible. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Rest, drink plenty of fluid, and eat nutritious food.
- Maintain a healthy diet, sleep, stay active, and make social contact with loved ones through the phone or internet.
- Children need extra love and attention from adults during this time.
- Keep to regular routines and schedules as much as possible.
- It is normal to feel sad, stressed, or confused during a crisis; talking to people you trust, such as friends and family, can help. If you feel overwhelmed, talk to a health worker or counselor.
At Flying Doctors Nigeria, we offer COVID 19 testing service to individuals and organisations. We also assist infected persons who are showing mild symptoms with homecare/ telemedicine which gives access to our network of medical personnel and COVID-19 care packs.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07035097761 and we’ll be in touch.