Image Source: Databod
The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention in Nigeria outlined ten top causes of death in Nigeria. This calls for critical thinking, awareness and enlightenment of the risk involved and deployment of strategies in cases of exposure.
Nigeria being the most populous country in Africa with about 198 million people, having its nation made up of more than 250 ethnic groups, 380 languages and a diverse range of cultural beliefs is a clear indicator that if nothing is done, the risk of exposure and mortality will keep rising.
Ten causes of death
In ascending order, they include;
- Malaria: 20% of all death cases
- Lower Respiratory infections: 19% of all death cases
- HIV: 9% of all death cases
- Diarrheal Diseases: 5% of all death cases
- Road Injuries: 5% of all death cases
- Protein-Energy Malnutrition: 4% of all death cases
- Cancer: 3% of all death cases
- Meningitis: 3% of all death cases
- Stroke: 3% of all death cases
- Tuberculosis: 2% of all death cases
The Flying Doctors Nigeria is a member of the British Safety Council that specializes in providing medical solutions such as air ambulance and medical evacuation, ground ambulance procurement and leasing, remote medical services such a medical staffing, online company clinic set-up, site clinic management, occupational health, medical evacuation insurance and other health consultancy services for the oil & gas industry as well as other corporate, military and non-governmental organizations.
For information about how we can support your organization please:
Call us on: 0700 FLYINGDRS/ 0700 3594 64377