Healthcare news from around the world brought to you courtesy of Africa’s leading air ambulance service 18th October, 2017.
1. At current trends, 30 million newborns will die within first 28 days of life between 2017 and 2030. Learn more here- http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2017/daily-newborn-deaths/en/
2. Governments commit to reduce suffering and deaths from noncommunicable diseases. Learn more here-http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2017/reduce-noncommunicable-diseases/en/
3. The Government of Nigeria has launched a campaign to immunize 873,837 people against yellow fever in the states of Kwara and Kogi. Learn more- http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2017/immunization-yellowfever-nigeria/en/
4. The performance of hospitals across the UK has slumped with targets for cancer. http://www.bbc.com/news/health-41656667
5. US scientists are using artificial intelligence to predict whether breast lesions identified from a biopsy will turn out to cancerous. Read more- http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41651839
6. A silent epidemic of cancer is spreading among men. Learn more- https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/silent-epidemic-cancer-spreading-among-men-n811466
This news was brought to you by the Flying Doctors Nigeria.
The Flying Doctors Nigeria Air Ambulance service offers medevac/air ambulance services within Nigeria and across West/Central Africa. For more information on our services, visit our website: www.flyingdoctorsnigeria.com